Monday 19 November 2012

The beginning...I guess

I have been told I should write a blog, or even a book.
Apparently my life is humorous, or sad, depending how you look at it.
If it's humorous, then well, it's either because my son did or said something funny, or because you are so happy you are not me at that moment you laugh out of pure joy!
I am 32 years old. I work full time as the Office Manager for a transportation company. I am married with 1 son who is 3 years old.
My life is pretty basic. I go to work, I come home. I also play Roller Derby.
My husband works full time for a health care company in the warehouse. He sings in a hardcore band.
We work, we practice, we occasionally play, but most of our time is spent at home cuddling on the couch or playing with our son.
My life is very basic.
Then why do ask are you bothering to read this?


I dunno...

Why?

I was hired by my company in early April. This was a joy for me, as not only was it a day shift M-F job out of the call center environment, but it was a raise in pay. Something I had not experienced in my 5 years of employment with the bank I was at. I like my job, most of the time. My boss goes from absolute sweetheart, to crazy swearing lady in about 5 seconds flat! That's just who she is, I can deal with it. Also all my communication with her is over the phone or e-mail as she works in a different Province. So I can hang up regroup and move on.
The biggest headache at my work for the past few months has been one of the local employees. On top of the fact that he was just a lazy employee that spent most of his time texting and fighting with his girlfriend, for the past few months he has been consistently hitting on me. I made it more then clear on more then 1 occasion that he needed to stop, and that not only was I not interested in any way, but that he had more then crossed a line, but it continued. He would stop for a few days, then start again. Telling me he was in love with me, asking me if I would consider leaving my husband, if I would consider an affair. Tell me about how he fantasizes about me, and then reports started coming in from other people that he would express to them in detail what he would do to me in bed!
This, was exhausting to deal with. On top of all the regular crap I have to deal with on a daily basis my guard was always up. My husband of course was told about everything that was being said, and when I finally made it clear that if it continued he would no longer be dealing with me but my husband, he just didn't return to work.
This happened on my birthday. You may think this was a wonderful birthday present, however his absence caused a huge problem with scheduling with other people and resulted in 2 days of me getting yelled at non stop by various people! The day after it happened I actually arrived to work in someone waiting in the parking lot to yell at me. So you can imagine how I was feeling.
For the past few months my mood and my energy level have been consistently dropping. Between employee complaints about every little thing, and the fact that they bicker like children and constantly come running to me to tattle on each other, my boss yells at me and blames me for every mistake everyone made whether I was directly involved or not! About 3 weeks ago I finally broke down and went to see the Dr. to request anti-depressants. I am not suicidal or anything like that, I am just having a harder time handling  my work life, and unfortunately it is starting to run over into my personal life. Most nights I am in bed by 7pm. I tuck my son in then go to bed myself. When my alarm clock goes off the next day, I have a hard time dragging myself out of bed despite my 11 hours of sleep. So I needed something to help me cope.
Anyway.
That's about it for now I guess.
Be back when there's something new to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment